Barbecue Moroccan lamb kebabs - lamb marinated in mild spices to give a Moroccan flavour. A touch of chilli gives a touch of zing to the meat
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinade time: 120 minutes minimum, overnight if possible
Cooking time: 20 minutes
1.5 pounds (675g) of lean lamb
2 red onions
6 small courgettes (zucchini)
grated rind and juice of 2 lemons
3 tablespoons of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red chillies, sliced (use more or less to suit your taste
2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of ground coriander
1. Cut the lamb into cubes about 1.5 inch (40mm) in size.
2. Mix the lemon rind and juice, oil, garlic, cinnamon, ginger, cumin, coriander and chilli in a large non-metallic dish.
3. Add the meat to the marinade and toss to ensure that the meat is completely covered. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, but overnight if possible.
4. Cut the onions into wedges then separate the wedges into two pieces.
5. Cut the lemons into 8 pieces per lemon.
6. Cut the courgettes(zucchini) into chunks.
7. Remove the meat from the marinade. Reserve the marinade fro basting. Thread the lamb onto the skewers, alternating with the onion, lemon and courgette (zucchini).
8. Barbecue the lamb kebabs over hot coals for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the reserved marinade.
We hope that you enjoy this barbecue moroccan lamb kebabs recipe. Please come back as we're adding more all of the time.
If you did enjoy this barbecue moroccan lamb kebabs, please check out
our other barbecue lamb recipes.