Barbecue pork served on a skewer and with a mustard sauce.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
About 1.5lb (3.25kg) of pork fillet
3 dessert apples
a small amont of lemon juice
2 small lemons
3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
3 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
3 tablespoons of orange jiuce
3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
For the mustard sauce
4 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
1.5 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
9 tablespoons of single cream
1. For the mustard sauce, mix together the Dijon and wholegrain mustards in a small bowl. Slowly blend in the cream and then leave to stand.
2. Cut the pork fillet into pieces about 2" x 1" x 1" (50mm x 25mm x 25mm) and set aside.
3. Core the apples and cut each one into 8 wedges. Toss them in the lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
4. Cut the lemon into slices thin enough to bend around the porke pieces.
4. Wrap a lemon slice around one piece of pork and thread onto a skewer. The thread a wedge of apple onto a skewer. Repeat the process alternatively up the skewer. Repeat until 6 skewers are prepared.
5. Mix together the mustards, orange juice and oil. Brush the kebabs with the mixture and grill over hot coals for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn occasionally and baste with the remaining mustard marinade.
6. Serve on plates with a little of the mustard sauce spooned over.