Barbecue Salmon With Mango Salsa
This barbecue salmon with mango salsad recipe is a lovely light meal. Coating the salmon before cooking helps prvent the steak drying out while grilling.
Preparation: 15 minutes
Marinate: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- 6 salmon steaks about 6oz (175g) each
- finely graed rind and juice of one lime
- salt and pepper to taste
For the salsa
- 1 large mango, stoned, peeled and diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 passion fruit
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil roughly chopped
- 3 tablsepoons of fresh lime juice
- Rinse the salmon steaks well under running cold water. Gently pat dry with kitchen paper and place in a shallow bowl.
- Sprinkle with the lime rind, pour over the lime juice, seaon to taste. Cover and put in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Place the diced mango in a large bowl along with the red onion
- Cut the passion fruit in half and scoop out the seeds and the pulp directly into the bowl with the mango and onion in it.
- Add the roughly chopped basil and the lime jiuce.
- Stir well and cover with clingfilm until ready to serve.
- Cook the salmon filliets over hot coals for 3 to 4 minutes each side.
- While still hot, serve your barbecue salmon with mango salsa.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe for barbecue salmon with mango salsa. Please come back as I'm always adding more recipes. Better still, sign up for my free newsletter.
What's Your Best Barbecue Salmon Recipe?
Do you have a favorite barbecue recipe?
Here's you chance for you to contribute to the Barbecuehut and share your recipe with other people that love barbecue salmon.
It's easy to do, just follow the simple step-by-step process.