Barbecued fruit kebabs are ideal for the children to make. Younger children will need supervising though as the ends of the skewers can be sharp. Remember to soak the wooden skewers in cold water for at least 30 minutes before using them. The fruits shown below in this recipe are a guide, use any firm fleshed fruit.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Marinade time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 5 to 7 minutes minutes
3 nectarines, quartered and stoned
3 banana, peeled and thickly sliced
6 red plums, halved and stoned.
12 strawberries, hulled
3 kiwi fruits, quartered
2 mangoes, peeled, halved and stoned. Then cut into chunks
5 tablespoons of Cointreua Amaretto
2 tablespoons of clear honey
1. Place all of the fuits into a large shallow bowl.
2. Mix the Cointreau and honey together in a jug until well blended.
3. Pour the mixture over the fruit and toss lightly so that the fruit is totally coated. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and marinate in a refrigerator for about one hour
4. Drain the fruit but keep the marinade. Thread a selection of the fruit pieces onto the soaked wooden skewers.
5. Cook the kebabs over medium coals for 5 to 7 minutes until lightly caramellized, brushing with the reserved marinade and turning frequently. Serve immediately.
We hope that you enjoyed this barbecued fruit kebabs recipe. Please come back again as we're adding more recipes all of the time.
If you did enjoy this barbecued fruit kebabs recipe, why not check out
our other barbecue fruit recipes