Barbecue Lamb Chops.
Pesian Lamb - lamb chops marinated in a garlicky yogurt and mint marinade
accompanied with tabbouleh.
Chargrilling and lamb seem to be made from each other, and all over the
Middle East both lamb and mutton are enjoyed in this way.
This recipe is from the BBQ
Serves: 4 to 6
Preparation: 15 minutes
Marinating: 2 to 3 hours
Cooking: 25 minutes.
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 225ml/8 fl oz low-fat natural yogurt
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 lean lamb chops
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 250g/9 oz couscous
- 500ml/18 fl oz boiling water
- 2tbs olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 25g/1 oz fresh coriander, chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh mint
- salt and pepper
- For the marinade, combine the mint, yogurt, garlic and pepper.
- Put the chops in a non-porous dish and rub all over with the lemon
juice. pour the marinade over the chops. Cover and marinade for 2 -
- To make the tabouleh. put the cosucous into a heatproof bowl and pour
over the boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes. Drain and put into a sieve.
Steam over a pan of barely simmering water for 8 minutes. Toss in the
oil and lemon juice. Add the onion, tomato and herbs, season and set
- Cook the lamb over a medium barbecue for 15 minutes, turning once.
Serve with the tabbouleh..
Persian lamb and barbecue lamb related pages:
Minted Lamb Steak
Morrocan Lamb Kebabs
and Mustard Crusted Leg of Lamb
Couscous Pepper Cups