Spanish shrimps (prawns), named because I first ate them in Barcelona.
Barcelona is renowned for it's fresh seafood restaurants. There are numerous
Spanish recipes for shrimps (prawns) and in this recipe they are served with
a hot tomato and chilli sauce. If you prefer a milder flavour, reduce the number
of chillies. If you don't have any sweet chilli sauce, replace it with half a
teaspoon of sugar.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
For The Sauce
1. Deseed and chop the chillies and put into a food processor with the
onions, garlic, tomatoes and olive oil. Process to a puree.
2. Place the puree on a saucepan and simmer for 15 minutes, ensuring that
sauce does not boil. Transfer the sauce to a large bowl and place on the side
of the barbecue to keep warm.
3. Rinse the shrimps (prawns) under cold running water and then pat dry.
4. Mix the parsley and olive oil in a dish and then add the prawns. Toss
to thoroughly coat.
5. Cook the prawns over medium hot coals for 3 minutes each side until the
shrimps (prawns) have changed colour.
6. Place the shrimps (prawns) in the sauce and serve topped with the lemon