Sticky Lamb Cutlets
Barbecue Lamb With A Minted Pea And Tomato Relish.
Sticky lamb cutlets served with a minted pea and tomato relish
This recipe uses lamb cutlets or lamb chops which are then marinated
in a garlic and herb mixture.
If using chops, get best end or chump chops.
This recipe is from www.simplybeefandlamb.co.uk
Preparation: 20 - 25 minutes
Marinating: 1 hour
Cooking: 12 - 16 minutes.
- 12 lean lamb cutlets or chops
- 30ml/2tbsp clear runny honey
- 30ml/2tbsp Dijon mustard
For The Herb Marinade:
- 45ml/3tbsp olive oil
- 15ml/1tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 30ml/2tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 fresh bay leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
For the Minted Pea and Tomato Relish:
- 175g/6oz shelled peas (fresh or defrosted, if frozen)
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Small handful freshly chopped mint
- 15ml/1tbsp olive oil
- 30ml/2tbsp white wine or cider vinegar
- 50g/2oz cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- In a small bowl mix the mustard and honey together and set aside.
- In a large, shallow bowl mix all the marinade ingredients together.
Add the cutlets, cover and marinate for up to 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Place the peas, spring onions, mint, olive oil, vinegar and seasoning
into a food processor or blender and whizz very briefly. Stir in the
tomatoes and transfer to a serving plate.
- Brush the steaks with the honey and mustard glaze on both sides and
cook on a prepared barbecue or preheated grill for 12-16 minutes, until
any meat juices run clear. Turn the chops occasionally, brushing with
the remaining honey and mustard mixture.
- Serve the chops with the relish and crusty bread.
Sticky Lamb Cutlets and barbecue lamb related recipes:
Minted Lamb Steak
Morrocan Lamb Kebabs
and Mustard Leg of Lamb
Couscous Pepper Cups