Teriyaki Chicken Wings
This teriyaki chicken wings recipe is based on making your own marinade. If you want you can use a good shop bought terriyaki marinade.
Teriyaki is a Japanese technique for grilling food in a soy sauce marinade.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Marinade: 1 hour
Cooking Time: 18 minutes
- 18 Chicken Wings
- 2 fl oz (60ml) sake or dry sherry
- 2 fl oz (60ml) soy sauce
- 2 fl oz (60ml) mirin
- 1.5 oz (45g) light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh ginger
- Combine the sake, or dry sherry, soy sauce, mirin, brown sugar and chopped
ginger in a bowl. Whisk together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Make 2 or 3 cuts in each chicken wing and place in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken wings and ensure they are fully coated
with the marinade. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
- Grill the chicken wings over medium hot coals for 14 to 18 minutes, turning occasionaly.
- Serve immediately.