Whole Barbecue Salmon
It's easy to cook whole barbecue salmon successfully. You can put the salmon
dirctly onto a well oiled grill but it's easier if you wrap your fish or use
a hinged rack. This recipe uses double thickness aluminium foil so that the
fish cooks in it's own juices and the marinade. Cooking salmon on the barbecue
couldn't be easier.
Preperation: 10 minutes
Marinate: 2 to 4 hours
Cooking: 14 to 16 minutes
- 1 whole salmon, 3 to 4lb (1.5 to 2kg), gutted
- 4 fresh fennel sprigs
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
For the marinade:
- 5 fl oz (150ml) white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black papercorns, crushed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Put all of the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and mix well.
- Wash the whole salmon, inside and out, under cold running water then pat
dry with kitchen paper.
- Put the fish on a double thickness sheet of aluminium foil. Fold up the
sides to form a dish.
- Pour over the marinade and place in a refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- When ready to cook place the fennel sprigs inside the salmon.
- Place the salmon in it's open foil dish on a hot grill and cook for about
15 minutes or until tender. Occasionally brushing with the marinade.
- When your whole barbecue salmon is cooked serve it immediatelly, garnished
with the lemon wedges.
I hope that you enjoy this recipe for barbecue whole salmon. Please come back
again as I'm addin recipes all of the time. Better still, sin up to my free
What's Your Best Barbecue Salmon Recipe?
Do you have a favorite barbecue recipe?
Here's you chance for you to contribute to the Barbecuehut and share your recipe with other people that love barbecue salmon.
It's easy to do, just follow the simple step-by-step process.